Where a landlord considers that an exemption applies allowing them to continue to let a property below the minimum energy efficiency standard, that landlord will need to provide details and evidence of the exemption to a register. As of 1st April 2019, the government has
- Introduced a landlord financial contribution amendment with the landlord contribution capped at *£3500.
- Any available third-party funding, including Green Deal finance and local authority grant funding, to be counted within the cap.
- Exemption ONLY to be available where a substandard property cannot be improved to E for *£3500 or less. This requires submission of three installer quotes to register an Exemption.
- All exemptions registered between 1st Jan 2018 & 31st March 2019 to automatically expire on 1st April 2020.
- Remove the consent exemption, where a tenant has withheld consent to a Green Deal finance plan.
The exemptions will be valid for 5 years and cannot be transferred to a new landlord.
- We will help you get your property through an exemption if it falls within the above remit.
- We process the full application on your/ Landlords behalf with the complete application pack and all the required documents.
- Landlord's full name & address is required to register the exemption.
1. All prices are Subject to change without any prior notice.
2. All prices correct as of 1st April 2019